Primidi is a customizable viewer for creating pretty midi animations.
It runs a script to make different kind of animations.
You can play a midi file by either:
- Drag & drop the `.mid` or `.midi` file into the application.
- `Media` > `Open midi file` and select a midi file to open.
- By command line with `primidi PATH_TO_YOUR_FILE`.
- By double clicking on a midi file while selecting primidi to be the running program.
Connect midi ports
Go to `Ports` then `Select input device` or `Select output device`.
To change the rendering script, you can either:
- Drag & drop the `.gr` file into the application.
- `Script` > `Open script file` and choose a valid script (.gr).
You can also write your own script, Primidi uses Grimoire for scripting and you can find its documentation here.
For the other options:
- `Reload` will recompile the file and runs it.
- `Restart` will only run it again without recompiling.
`Space`, `k` or `p`: Play/Pause
`r`: Rewind midi to the beginning
`s`: Stop the midi
`F11`: Hide/Show the interface
`F12`: Toggle fullscreen
- If the application closes on startup, delete the .lock file inside the program folder, if it does not work, delete the config.json file.